CJ EPOXY ADHESIVE
TWO COMPONENT EPOXY ADHESIVE
CJ Epoxy Adhesive is a 100% solid two component epoxy adhesive, with thixotropic features, formulated to apply easily without any sagging, achieving excellent bonding to different substrates.
- Non-sagging, thixotropic properties.
- Smooth finishing.
- 100% solid – zero V.O.C.
- Fast drying.
- Strong bonding properties.
- Easily applied onto rough or smooth surfaces.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
For use in:
- Bonding substrates like concrete, metal, wood, ceramic, rigid & flexible plastic, etc.
- Repairing and filling of cracks in concrete substrates (slabs, walls, etc.)
- Installation of CORK JOINTING SYSTEMS’s TX PVC Waterstop.
Note: The product’s design and performance, its intended use, installation and final confirmation and approval for use, must be provided by the project’s Design Engineer and Project Manager.
CJ Epoxy Adhesive is supplied in 2 parts (Part A & Part B) in 2.5kg each = 5kg total.
Calculated as : 5kg @ 100mm (W) x 3mm (T) = 10m run
Coverage rates are calculated on material applied to a smooth surface and do not include application loss factor due to the following : surface profile, roughness and porosity of surface, skill and technique of applicator, method of application, blast profile, various surface irregularities, material loss during mixing, spillage, climatic conditions and excessive film build.
– Mix both components in the correct ratio and mix thoroughly until a uniform colour is obtained. DO NOT mix quantity greater than 1.0kg as this will cause excessive heat build-up, will affect the pot-life and is also difficult to handle due to short processing time.
– Bonding surfaces should be clean and dry. Once the adhesive is dispensed, the bonding parts should be held in contact until the parts have developed enough bond strength (normally after 6 – 7 hours at 25°C), after then the pressure used during curing may be removed. Since full bond strength has not been attained, load application should be minimal at this time.
– CJ Epoxy Adhesive may take 3 – 5 days at 25°C to fully cure to achieve normal expected performance.Curing may be accelerated to 2 hours up to maximum of 80°C.
– Clean tools and equipment with cleaner (Xylene or M.E.K. solvent).
- Do not use the mixed materials beyond the recommended pot life.
- Apply at temperature between 10°C – 35°C.
- Avoid direct sunlight when applying. Temperatures above 30°C will shorten pot life.
- Do not apply over moisture, in damp or wet conditions. Surface to be fully dry and clean.
- Do not thin with solvents.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in a dry and cool place at a temperature between 5°C and 30°C, out of direct sunlight. Shelf life is 12 months from production date.
HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
For further information or advice on health and safety precautions, safe handling, storage and correct disposal of products, please refer to the most recent product Safety Data Sheet (SDS), which is available upon request. In confined spaces or in still air conditions, the use of a ventilation fan or suitable respirator should be used, and the advice and approval of the Site Safety Supervisor is essential.
The information and the recommendations relating to the application and end use of this product are given in good faith and are based on the information provided by the manufacturer of the product and/or the Company’s current knowledge and experience in connection with the product when properly stored, handled and applied under normal conditions and no liability of final function at the job site is assumed. In practice, the differences in materials substrates and actual site conditions are such that no warranty in respect of merchantability of or fitness for particular purpose, nor any liability arising out of any legal relationship whatsoever, can be inferred either from this information, or from any written and/or oral recommendations, or from any other advice offered by the Company.
The Company also has no express or implied knowledge of any particular purpose for which the product is required and any such information given will not be taken into account in the supply of this product. No responsibility or liability by the Company will be accepted for misuse, misreading or derivation from recommended guidelines in respect of this product and the user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and assume all risks and liability in connection therewith. The information contained in our brochure may change at any time without notice. Any use of this product, CJ Epoxy Adhesive, in any application should be approved as suitable for use/application by the Design Engineer and Project Manager.